International Workshop on Wireless Sensors Networks for Mobile Health (WSN4Health 2014)
WSN4Health 2014 is held in conjunction with MoWNET 2014, and will take place in Rome, Italy on September 8-9, 2014.
Please click here to download the Call for workshop in PDF Call For Workshop WSN4Health 2014(docx).
Please find more information in website of workshop WSN4Health.
Call for Papers
We are currently witnessing a growing interest in the area of wireless body area networking (WBAN) accompanied by the strong demand of the medical and healthcare society as well as by the advances in low-power micro- and nano-electronics and wireless networking. Consumers and doctors envisage an era where mobile health monitoring systems will work seamlessly and in concert to eliminate the lag time between the onset of symptoms and diagnosis. To this end WBAN can assert a key contribution, but as it shows particular characteristics when compared to traditional wireless sensor and ad hoc networks, it can introduce several new research challenges.
The aim of this special issue is to collect the recent advances on BANs for healthcare and pervasive applications. We are inviting the submission of original and unpublished work addressing several areas of wireless BAN. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following issues:
- Antenna design for in- and on-body networks
- Channel modeling radio propagation issues for BAN
- Electromagnetic Radiation and Human tissues
- Interference management and mitigation
- Coexistence of BAN with other wireless technologies
- Protocols and algorithms for the PHY, MAC and Network Layer
- End-to-end QoS provision for BAN
- Energy efficient and low-power consumption protocols
- Power management for BAN
- Machine-to-machine for BAN
- Integration of BAN with heterogeneous networks
- Lightweight security, authentication and cryptography solutions for BAN
- Modeling and simulation in BAN
- Context Awareness in BAN
- Energy Harvesting for BAN
- Real life experimental platforms, prototypes and pilot studies
- Personal devices for monitoring of disease detection, progression, remission, and fitness
- Recent standardization activities for BAN
- Regulatory issues
All papers accepted in MoWNet 2014 workshops will be published in the MoWNet 2014 Proceedings published by IEEEXplore as MoWNet'2014 has the technical co-sponsorship of IEEE Communication Society.
The workshop is an independent publication forum organized by the IAPP-WSN4QoL project, which is partially funded by the European Commission within the EU 7th Framework Program under grant agreement GA-2011-286047.
- The manuscripts should be submitted in PDF format. Authors should submit their papers online using EasyChair submission system: http://www.mownet.org/submission.html.
- Articles must be of SIX Pages (+ 2 pages with additional fee) with double-column with reasonable margins and line spacing. All papers that conform to submission guidelines will be peer reviewed and evaluated based on originality, technical and/or research content/depth, correctness, relevance to conference, contributions, and readability.
- Paper submission deadline: June 1, 2014
- Notifications: June 30, 2014
- Final submission: July 30, 2014